10 stunning eCommerce facts
The eCommerce landscape seems to be in a state of constant transformation. New technologies and trends emerge on a near daily basis – many of which are in response to the ever-changing ways that consumers shop. And staying agile in regard to their capricious ways is easier said than done. To find success in that endeavor, the following statistics may serve as a guiding light. To get the details on each, click on the percentage highlighted in each sentence.
1. 34% of tablet owners in the United States use their devices to shop during the weekend. As for PC owners, the number is 24%.
2. By 2017, mobile commerce will account for 24% of the global eCommerce market.
3. 52% of surveyed small businesses said that they don’t have mobile nor do they plan to add mobile in the next 12 months.
4. Site customization technology can be found on 88% of sportswear brand websites.
5. 62% of the U.S. women surveyed said that they pay attention to online discount and promotional news. For men, the amount was 57%.
6. 31% of retail spending by consumers with household incomes above $100,000 is done online. In 2011, the amount was 30%.
7. 95% of Twitter users visit retail websites, compared to 90% of the general Internet population.
8. 62% of surveyed consumers said they would not have made their most recent online purchase had the retailer not offered free shipping.
9. 34% of U.S. smartphone owners take advantage of their devices to shop online while browsing in stores.
10. 90% of online searches result in offline purchases.
Trackback URL for this blog entry.