Omni-channel retailing through the perspective of order management
- If I have goods scattered in different warehouses, do I ship them all separately? Or, do I ship them to one location to box them together?
- What if I’m selling perishable goods, like groceries? Will they have to be managed in a totally different way?
- Do I want to source delivery based on the fastest times or the lowest cost?
But, for online retailers who rely on the IBM WebSphere Commerce platform, those FAQs come with answers. And that's because returns management has been simplified now that Sterling Order Management has been integrated into the IBM software. A few highlights of the tool include:
- Directs workflow for all tasks with visibility, alerts and event management
- Supports automated item re-classification, based on return status and disposition codes
- Links return to original sales order and all subsequent return processing activities
- Simplifies complex returns scenarios, such as wrong item returns and uneven exchanges
- End-to-end return processing visibility, i.e. ‘one version of the truth’
- Timely processing of returns by enabling and managing internal and external process participants
- Readily reconfigured to support changing returns (business) processes
The big picture, however, is that Sterling Order Management increases a merchant's ability to offer a buy-online-return-in-store policy. In addition to catering to shoppers changing needs, the buy-online-return-in-store policy also carries with it a potential increase in sales, as customers might be more apt to buy replacement items because of the impulse factor that happens in stores.
The integration of Sterling Order Management and WebSphere Commerce highlights IBM’s customer-centric approach to commerce. And by leveraging the eCommerce skills like those found at NetSphere Strategies, merchants can deliver a seamless omni-channel experience, replete with personalized buying and smooth order fulfillments and returns. To discover the additional benefits that come from Sterling Order Management, schedule a consultation with our eCommerce team by clicking on the link below: