Recent Forrester Research report likely to be hot topic at IRCE
Forrester Research, an independent technology and market research company, released an eCommerce report showing that online retail sales this year are expected to reach $334 billion, which will be around 10 percent of all retail sales in the United States. Forrester reports generate plenty of interest and conversation, which will likely be the case in a few weeks when the eCommerce industry gathers in Chicago at the Internet Retailer Conference Exhibition (IRCE) at the Windy City’s McCormick Place convention center June 2-5.
According to a summary of the Forrester report, eCommerce will see a yearly growth rate of 10 percent over the next five years, which calculates to $480 billion in online sales by 2019. eCommerce growth will be led by physical goods, according to the report. Here are some other highlights:
- Over the next five years, U.S. online auto part sales will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 11 percent.
- Over the next five years, U.S. online furniture sales will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 15 percent.
- About 33 percent of U.S. online shopping sales (in dollars) are generated by sales in clothing, consumer electronics and computers.
- In the U.S., 69 percent of the online population buys products online regularly.
- Online retail sales in the U.S. are projected to reach $480 billion in 2019.
- eCommerce will account for 10 percent of U.S. retail sales, or $334 billion, in 2015
To get further insight, Andy Hoar and James McQuivey from Forrester Research are scheduled to speak at the 2015 IRCE event. A recent IRCE news release touts the fact that McQuivey, vice president and principal analyst at Forrester, is a featured speaker this year.
The conference has been the largest eCommerce event in the world since its inaugural year in 2008, driven by the consistent, high-quality agenda. A record number, 10,000 participants, are expected to come this year to hear industry leaders talk about the latest trends and future of the eCommerce industry. In fact, the event features more than 200 speakers covering just about every topic under the eCommerce sun.
The all-star list of speakers includes:
- Anshuman Taneja from Abercrombie & Fitch
- John Valente from eBay
- Sarah Karam from Google Play
- Kevin Gardiner from Macy’s
- Justin King from Oracle
- Alexis Ohanian from Reddit
- Jason Goldberger from Target
- Christopher McCann from Flowers.com
- Sachin Gadhvi from Tickemaster
- Bala Ganesh from UPS
For more details about this year’s event, go to www.irce.com.
NetSphere Strategies, an eCommerce company that helps businesses transform their online presence, will also be at the IRCE. Stop by our booth – number 441 – and say hello.