Top 10 benefits of managed services for WebSphere Commerce
Therefore, the solution to this persistent problem is to outsource that work. By shifting ongoing eCommerce development and support tasks off-site to highly specialized firms, merchants won’t have to worry about finding, training or retaining these skills themselves. Unsurprisingly, the best firms will be those who are certified IBM Business Partners.
By tapping into the expertise that a managed service arrangement can provide, merchants are granted access to deep integration skills to connect their analytics, social commerce, social media and third-party apps to their online stores. This will allow their customers incremental capabilities while at the same time, keeping a site in production and not in the repair shop for maintenance.
Top 10 Benefits
- Advisory – Data-mine a deep knowledge base of business, industry and technical know-how.
- Coverage – With around-the-clock and around-the-calendar-year coverage, merchants don’t have to worry about what to do over the holidays or when vacation and PTO requests start rolling in.
- Employees – Services are delivered by direct employees that the managed services firm oversees.
- Expertise – Quick access to a certified team of WebSphere Commerce subject matter experts is just a phone call or an e-mail away.
- Extension – The managed services team serves as an extension, not a replacement, to complement your existing staff.
- Flexibility – Merchants won’t have access to just one resource, but will instead have access to a number of multifaceted skillsets that would be difficult to replicate in-house.
- Limited Needs – For some merchants, hiring a full-time employee is prohibitive for the amount of work that needs to be done.
- Predictable Costs – With a fixed monthly service fee, merchants don’t have to be concerned with unexpected expenses, such as overtime hours.
- Tax Deduction – Monthly subscription fees are 100 percent tax deductible in the year services were delivered.
- Trusted Advisor – Get access to an independent viewpoint without the potential political baggage.
To create more value from your existing WebSphere Commerce investments, work with an IBM Business Partner, like NetSphere Strategies, that is focused on building its product knowledge and industry expertise on IBM’s powerful platform.